Procedures for Departmental Fee Remission Awards are issued yearly by the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. In making student academic appointments, you should note that the following guidelines normally apply.
- Student must hold an appointment as an Associate Instructor, Research Assistant, Graduate Assistant, or Faculty Assistant.
- Student must not be appointed over 75% FTE.
- Student with a total FTE of 50% to 75% must be awarded a full fee remission (less any mandatory, course-related, or miscellaneous fees) and must enroll in six hours of credit per semester.
- Student with a total FTE of 50% to 75% for both semesters of an academic year must receive a fee remission for six hours of summer enrollment if they enroll for summer session(s).
- Student who did not hold an academic year appointment, but are appointed in the summer with a total FTE of 50% or greater must receive a fee remission for six hours of summer enrollment if they enroll for summer session(s).
- Fee remissions may be awarded at less than 50% FTE, at departmental discretion.
Fee remissions may be awarded for a maximum of 30 hours per 12-month period beginning with the start of the fall semester with at most 12 hours in any semester or combined summer session. The stated fee remission award will cover a minimum of 90% of the credit hour fees for a resident and a minimum of 95% for a non-resident. Fee remission awards do not cover G901, mandatory, course-related, or miscellaneous fees.
Back to top