Faculty in non-tenure-track (NTT) roles are vital to the campus’s research, teaching, and service missions.
NTT faculty primarily devote their expertise to one or two of those missions:
- Lecturers, senior lecturers, and teaching professors focus on excellent teaching.
- Professors of practice enhance the teaching mission by devoting their expertise to instruction, student development, and placement.
- Faculty in the clinical ranks combine teaching and service in clinical and professional settings.
- Research scientists/scholars and research associates focus on research and creative activity.
- Academic specialists spearhead administrative services for academic programs.
Your resource for career development and advancement
We provide guidance and oversight for appointment, reappointment, and promotion processes, including various workshops devoted to the specific needs of NTT faculty.
We also are eager to meet individually with NTT faculty to ensure your career experiences are positive and expectations are clear, as well as to address your unique questions or needs.
The procedures for consideration for promotion are described in the Guidelines document for research, clinical, and teaching ranks. Please click below to access this comprehensive document.