Campus & Community Resources
IU Bloomington offers a myriad of staff and resources to support faculty at all stages of your careers, from teaching, research, and service, to tenure, promotion, and retirement. The city of Bloomington has just as much to offer faculty: a safe, family- and singleton-friendly community combining small-town traditions with a cosmopolitan arts scene, restaurants that offer a cuisines for every taste, and plenty of opportunities for community involvement.
We’ve pulled out several items of paricular utility to new faculty.
The Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty and Academic Affairs offers a rich program of activities to welcome new faculty members to IU Bloomington—New Faculty Orientation (NFO). Starting with the annual NFO Picnic in late August, new faculty will have opportunities to attend a welcome dinner with their peers, have lunch with the vice provost and provost, attend an opera, and learn more about tenure and promotion processes. Our office will contact you during the summer before your arrival in Bloomington. If you don’t hear from us, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you are here! Resources referenced during NFO are tagged below.
- Bloomington Continuing Studies (NFO)
- Campus Childcare
- Counseling and Psychological Services (NFO)
- Diversity Resources (NFO)
- Emergency Updates
- Human Resources Benefits
- Hutton Honors College (NFO)
- Indiana Daily Student
- IU Health Center (NFO)
- IU Radio and Television Services (NFO)
- IU Research and Technology Corporation (NFO)
- IU Visitors Information Center (NFO)
- New Employee Payroll Information (NFO)
- Poynter Center for the Study of Ethics and American Institutions (NFO)
- Teaching and Research
The Bloomington campus offers abundant resources to assist all faculty in developing their teaching and research initiatives. The sites listed below begin to hint at the wide range of available services—whether you need help in designing a course syllabus or in applying for an external research grant.
- Technology Resources
- Test for English Proficiency for International Associate Instructor Candidates (NFO)
- Veterans Suppprt Services (NFO)